AI is everywhere, and I usually go to it whenever I feel I have not communicated well to living beings. It is available anytime, and it doesn't reply to me, "Sorry, I'm busy and cannot talk now." It doesn't go on vacation, nor does it need a lunch break. However, is this the right way to do it? Or is there any right way anymore?
I am still working for an IT company, and I cannot escape from the AI hurricane; however, I still question myself: why did it come?
Is it to remove our isolation, or push us to a more isolated place from which it is very hard to return?
I will give a small example. Back in the 1900s, the world was not the safe for women. You might say it's not safe now either, but what's the difference? The technology that has helped us advance so well individually has given women more confidence to take up challenging roles that 1900s women would never have thought of. If a woman from back then were still alive today, she would have also changed over time. It is very rare that a woman would not have changed, provided technology reached her.
Now a hard question: is the above a boon or a curse? Of course, a boon is what I would say. However, are we drawing a line or a limit for ourselves about what we need to do or what we don't want to do in life—choices that 1900s women didn't have? We are, of course, multitasking individuals; however, it doesn't mean we need to prove to the world that there is nothing we cannot conquer. We don't need to prove ourselves, showcase ourselves, or sell ourselves for a profit that is not ours.
I feel there are tasks each gender can do, and God has already defined them in the form of female and male. We need to honor that rather than defining our own definition.
Because no matter how much we try, we cannot stop our menstruation cycle, nor can we stop how the other gender looks at us. That's how they are designed, and that's how we are designed.
This is one example regarding gender that I had in mind to discuss. However, AI has touched a lot of sensitive topics, raising questions where it's unclear when the wave will die down or erupt.
However, conquering just doesn't solve isolation; rather, collaboration and sacrifice give meaning to human life.
Think about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment