Follow Me!!

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

An Independent Life


"What will be your story when asked about the bold move which resulted in a big change in your life?"

Ask me, and it takes me to 2007. It was the year when I took a crucial decision, which I am proud of and sometimes even makes me wonder 'how did I do it!!'.

To be frank, most of my dear ones & close friends are aware of my struggle, but revisiting & writing about it gives comfort & drives me to move forward. Hope it encourages you too.


2007 - #StartANewLife Career

Yes, 2007 is the year when I started my career in one of the Top IT company. I got this opportunity in college by means of campus drive in 2006 and when they announced my name that I was selected I was thrilled. Perhaps, if I think now, this excitement is one of the reasons which changed my life.

To tell you about the company, this 'XYZ' company is situated all around India. And, consequentially  flourishes a policy where employers were transferred to different cities other than their own, as they believed that every new bee should be able to adopt to the new environment, able to interact with different people & indulge with others culture. This will aid employers in improving socializing skills resulting in getting things done better was the strategy.

My Dad was aware of their policy and he began telling me that I should not have opted this company in the first place. 

This made my excitement vulnerable as a question raised in my mind -

"Can a 21 year girl, pampered at home, never been outside of her hometown; stay all alone in a new, strange town?"

To combat, I decided I need to make plans on how to go ahead. My parents were comfortable with Bangalore location as most of my relatives stay there.  Hence, I planned that I will opt Bangalore as my preferred Location once the training is completed. 

But before that I had to go to 3 months training program in Trivandrum. I was relaxed in the 3 months as I had my college friends with me, even though I had to work with different region students/freshers. But this relaxed stipulation soon changed when I was transferred to Mumbai.

When I came back from Trivandrum to home, my parents had already decided that I would be resigning and will not be going further as Mumbai is not the place for me.

My Bold Move:

At the Beginning, I agreed and stayed at home for 2 days. During these 2 days I thought about my future. The same question "Can a 21 year girl, pampered at home, never been outside of her hometown stay all alone in a new, strange town?" reflected back.

I knew my plans had not worked but if I gave up, I may not get any second chance to prove myself. I called up many of my friends & relatives as I was not able to decide myself. Everyone gave different suggestions. I realized, it can only be decided by me. 

Finally, I told my parents - " Resigning can be a very good reason, but I want to experience the reason behind my resign. I would like to try out and if I feel I can't succeed, then immediately I will do as you say and resign. So please let me try. Please let me go to Mumbai".

This is certainly the hardest move, as when I think now, I was young and didn't have any experience; it might have been very difficult to convenience myself & also go against or partially against my parents will.

My Modified Life

I stayed in Mumbai for almost 6 months with few difficulties at the beginning, but now it is all a sweet memory.

Later in 2008, I  was transferred to Bangalore, which made my parents relaxed. My decision made me a confident person, as my bold move was worth a fruitful result. Over the course of my life, I believe, It has also helped me to move forward and overcome even more difficult tasks in work & personal life.

Now its 7+years and I am still working for the same company. The big chance which follows is, I am independent now. I take major decisions without any hinge. The work also helped me to take financial decisions.. To give you an example, I am now a proud landlord of 5000 sq-ft residential land. I am also more communal as I have not only worked with people belonging to different parts of India and but also with non Indians. 

My big move has made me an independent socialized human being.

A Quote to summarize -

"Good change signifies that we're moving forward, living better, and giving ourselves the chance to be the best we can possibly be." 

 This topic is an initiation from housing.comhttps://housing.com/) , a new online real estate space.

To know more watch this embedded video 


No comments:

Post a Comment