Follow Me!!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Invisible Bond



It was 27th Aug. when I had to go to place called giri nagar to my cousin’s marriage. I made sure that I get half a day leave so that I can attend my cousin’s marriage. It was 12’clock when I started from office and caught a Volvo 500K.It was a nice ride as usual since it is the same route when I go to banshankari to my aunt’s place. The Bus takes up the route through agra, a small town near the famous kormangala. Now-a-days there has been some road construction on the process here; hence there has been some deviation from the normal route. For the drivers, not to get confused in those deviations, the transport department’s has attached boards specifying the directions ‘who has to go where and to reach which place’; just like those map’s in those complex malls J.

There is a college near agra something like “Freedom of Independence”. All vehicles have to pass this college. The transport department has made it in such a way that all private vehicles has to pass through the right side of the college and Buses left. Left route takes to agra city and then to HSR layout where as Right directly to HSR layout. But mostly all vehicles go through right side because the distance is less + the entrance of the college is also at the right sideJ . Buses can have a lot of kamai (earning) you see.

The problem was a lady. She had the sharpest voice in the whole world. She used to squeak when she spoke. She had to go to agra city and demanded the bus driver and the conductor to keep left. More than any one, conductor was very furious about it. There was an argument for at least 1 minute and then finally the lady won.

She got down at her stop and the bus moved to HSR layout. Conductor had made a very sad and a furious face. Driver just looked at him and said “Hag yake nodthidya, Bido, Ondu divasa alla”(Why are you making such faces, Leave it, One day na!!). I too wondered why he was so furious of that. It was astonishing. But my confused questions were soon answered when the next stop arrived. There were, I feel, 30 kids waiting to jump into this bus. They were so excited to climb. Our conductor face blushed like he has seen an evening blossoming flower. He was so trilled. Even the driver, suddenly the slow kannada songs shifted to hip hop Hindi music and all the bus went dancing around. There was that excited noise which I used to hear in my college buses.

Of all the thing now I said and I felt may not be so much like a hit film story but the point is that there has been something which has connected the bus conductor and the driver to the students ( and might be vice-verse ) which has made them miss them so much. An invisible bond which has created between two strangers never can be explained.

Even this has happened in my college bus. We had a conductor who did not even know our names, but used to give a sweet smile whenever we used to come. He used to wait till all the guys have come to the bus stop. After a year or so he had shifted to other area college buses, but when he met me one day he just asked me “How are you? And how was my other 3 friends who where always together?”…He had actually remembered then. Ya he has to, we 4 where used to giggle and comments so loudly and if any one of them was absent it was like the whole group is broken down. Any way the topic of discussion is that invisible bond which we achieve without even knowing and which always brings a small happiness of those boring routine works. And also we gain something like one step ahead and change the definition of trust which we build between the known and the unknown individuals


Even today, near my office, there is a security guard who always asks me in the morning “How are you? Had your breakfast? ” and a simple bye, end of the day.


Such impact which gets a smile from some strangers are sometime like refreshment and in many case a heart touching memory which can be never forgotten.

Prathi :)

2 comments:

  1. hey my first visit to your blog.. nice to see a fellow bangalorean write this well.. keep blogging cheers..

    ReplyDelete